Sport Premium Funding at Morgans 2019-20
Sport Premium Funding at Morgans 2020-21
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Our Sports Premium Funding has enabled us to build a team of PE specialists who work with all the children across the school from nursery to Y6 providing high quality provision. The team is led by our PE co-ordinators Mr Collin and Mrs Robinson. This year, Miss Pretious-White will be joining the PE Team as a Specialist PE Teaching Assistant, and will running both lunchtime and after school clubs for the children to enjoy. Miss Norman will also be part of the PE Team, as our Dancer in Residence. Miss Norman will be teaching dance to the children throughout the school. Our Sports Premium Funding over recent years has enabled us to take so many of our children to varied sporting events and other activities, broadening and deepening their knowledge and experience, as well as developing new skills and self-confidence.
Our long-term strategic plan has been to raise the profile of PE and sport and offer opportunities. We have aimed to:
• Engage with PE specialist teachers within the local community to develop CPD opportunities for school staff in-order-to improve the quality of PE provision
• Provide a wide range of extra-curricular sporting clubs and activities
• Support and engage the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
• Organise and participate in Personal Challenges, Level 1 (Intra-school) and Level 2 (Inter-school) competitions for our children
• Provide places for vulnerable pupils on after school sports clubs
• Celebrate the success of school sport teams and individual high level performances
• Foster strong links with local sports clubs
• Provide high quality and wide ranging resources We have been successful in providing the above and continue to grow on these successes.
Our sports team have worked hard to attain the Gold Mark from the Schools Games Team for the fourth year running, which enabled us to go for the Platinum Award during the school year 2018/19. We are now a Platinum school, and this award stands for two academic years. This is in recognition of the high level sport and PE and young leadership that is delivered at Morgans. All of our pupils have been eligible for the sports funding and every child has been able to undertake these activities that we have not been able to previously offer. The funding has made a difference to our sport and PE participation. We have monitored the use of clubs and have identified that participation has increased. We will continue to monitor the use of clubs by our vulnerable groups to ensure that all children have an opportunity to reach their full potential.
For further details about Sports Premium Funding please click on the following link https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools
Below you will see the funding allocation and how it has been used. It also shows the school contributions, which indicates how important we feel developing school sport is at Morgans for all our pupils.